British Waterways is doing towpath improvements on the canal between Granville St and St James Rd up to mid May. They are also resurfacing the Edgbaston Tunnel tow path with concrete. The tow path will have to be closed.
- 07/03/11 to 18/03/11
- Granville Street to B'ham University Bridge closed
- Monday to Fridays: the towpath is closed between 9.00am and 17.00pm, ie will be open between 17.00pm and 9:00am each night.
- Open all weekend.
- 21/03/11 to 29/04/11
- Granville Street Bridge to Bath Row Bridge closed
- Towpath closed during the week then opens on Friday at 17.00pm till 9.00am Monday. The Bath Row Access will remain open at all times.
- 02/05/11 to 20/05/11
- Bath Row Bridge to B'ham University Bridge closed
- The towpath will be closed during the week and reopen on Friday 17:00 to Monday at 9:00. The Bath Row Access will remain open at all times.
- Public diversion will be from the Somerset Road access to Granville Street (not sure if there is an issue with the public being directed through the Vale)