This month marks 3 years since we relaunched Pushbikes Rides as CycleBirmingham within the wider Push Bikes family. It is also the birthday of one of our members this month and so we will be celebrating at the Spotted Dog, Warwick St, Deritend/Digbeth , B12 0NH from around 8.30pm on Wednesday 30 Sept.
Multiple rides have been organised to get there from around Birmingham.
Please have working LIGHTS fitted before the rides and BRING LOCKS for the use in the yard or street at the social venue.
Ride 1: from North-West Suburbs to the Spotted Dog.
HANDSWORTH - LOZELLS - HOCKLEY - JEWELLERY QUARTER - TOWN - DIGBETH - DERITEND
The route will be through: parks, public open spaces, paths, back and side roads - NO 'A Roads'
- 3.6* miles 7.30pm* (Set Off) Hamstead Road Baptist Church Hall, Handsworth, B19 1DG (Is near to junction with Villa Rd)
- You most welcome to join us at one of the additional joining points in the suburbs:
- a) 3.3 miles Georges Park, Wills Street entrance, Lozells B19 1PP
- b) 3* miles Burbury Park, Villa St entrance, Hockley B19 2XS
- c) Public Open Space near to St Georges Church Centre off New John St West (will cross the road at the crossings by Geach Tower B19 3UP)
- d) 2.4* miles St Georges Park off Uxbridge St B19 3UP and St Georges Gardens off Great Hampton Row B19 3JG
- e) 2.1* miles Church Inn, Great Hampton St, Jewellery Quarter, Hockley B18 6AQ
- f) 1.7* miles St Paul's Square, Jewellery Quarter, Hockley B3 1QZ
- g) 1.2* miles Starbucks coffee shop, Colmore Row/Eden Place (next door to the Council House) in the City Centre B3 3SD
- Social Venue: The Spotted Dog, Warwick St, Deritend/Digbeth , B12 0NH
Ride 2: from South-East Suburbs - SHIRLEY via ACOCKS GREEN to Spotted Dog
Meeting at the front if the Pump House on Shirley High Street form 7.15pm for a 7.30pm departure, we will head to Acocks Green for the 2nd meeting point before heading for the Spotted Dog for the CycleBirmingham birthday celebrations.
We will aim to be outside Jeffries Hardware Store on Shirley Road Acocks Green just by the High Street from 7.45 pm for a 7.50pm departure from there to Digbeth.
Ride 3: from Southern suburbs - Cannon Hill Park, EDGBASTON to Spotted Dog
short ride along NCN5 from the back of the MAC (by the picnic tables) to the Spotted Dog
Meeting from 7.30pm for a 7.45pm departure
Ride 4: From South-West Suburbs
Meet at the Black Horse Bristol Rd NORTHFIELD from 7.15pm for a 7.30pm set off. Route likely to be along NCN5 (Rea Valley Cycle Route) through Northfield, Kings Norton, Stirchley etc. People are most welcome to meet us along the route and we'll join the social at the Spotted Dog :)
Ride Leaders Brian and John