Push Bikes is actively involved in the Space for Cycling campaign.
Space for Cycling is a national campaign, building on the London Cycling Campaign's Space4Cycling campaign in 2013. Cyclenation and the CTC are working with local cycle campaign groups to spread Space for Cycling across the country.
- Protected space on main roads
- Removing through traffic in residential areas
- Lower speed limits
- Cycle-friendly local centres
- Safe routes to schools
- Routes through green spaces
The goal of Space for Cycling is to have conditions on our roads where anyone, of any age or ability, feels able to cycle safely, conveniently and enjoyably for any local journey. Nationally we are asking our supporters to contact their councillors to ask them to support these principles and commit to seeking funding to achieve this.
How can I get involved in Space for Cycling?
Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- Firstly, send a letter to your councillors to ask them to support Space for Cycling. We have already prepared a letter for you, which you can edit if you like.
- Secondly, help us to report cases of poor cycling infrastructure. These examples will help us to communicate what makes good conditions for cycling.
- Publicise Space for Cycling by displaying a S4C poster or putting a S4C bike plate on your bike. Contact us to request materials. We can provide printable files within a couple of days, and arrange printed materials depending on availability.
- Publicise Space for Cycling on social media. There is an official space4cycling twitter account, and the hashtag is #space4cycling.
- Get involved with Push Bikes' activities. We will be updating our website and Facebook page with details of upcoming events, and we have regular monthly meetings.